Special (Mail-in) Ballots - NEW FOR 2017
You may cast your vote using a Special (Mail-in) Ballot if you are an eligible voter and unable to make it to an Advance Vote or Election Day (Monday, October 16, 2017) voting station because you are:
- Physically incapacitated
- Absent from the local jurisdiction (City of Camrose)
- An election worker, candidate, official agent or scrutineer who may be located on election day at a voting station other than that for the voter’s place of residence
Requesting and Returning a Special (Mail-In) Ballot
- Requests for a Special (Mail-in) Ballot Application starting Tuesday, August 8, 2017
- Applications accepted until 4:30 p.m. on Friday, October 6, 2017
- Special (Mail-In) Ballot packages will be available starting Tuesday, September 26, 2017
- Completed Special (Mail-In) Ballots must be received by the Returning Officer (5204 – 50 Avenue) by 4:30 p.m. on Friday, October 13, 2017 in order to be counted
Special Mail-In Ballot Process
- Select your Special Ballot application method. An Application for a special ballot may be made by any one of the following methods: in writing, by email, telephone, fax or in person at City Hall. A “Request for Special Ballot Package Application” is available by contacting the Returning Officer or on the City’s website at www.camrose.ca/election
- Your application will be evaluated by the Returning Officer for completeness and eligibility.
- Special Ballot packages will be ready for pick up/mail out starting Tuesday, September 26, 2017.
- After receiving the Special Ballot package, follow the instructions included and complete the ballot. You will need a photocopy of your authorized identification (confirming your name and residential address) attached to the outside of the Special Ballot Certificate Envelope. Do not provide your original identification.
- Return your Special Ballot package by mail, or by dropping it off to the Returning Officer at City Hall. Special Ballot packages must be returned to the Returning Officer by 4:30 p.m. on Friday, October 13, 2017 in order to be counted. Special Ballot packages are not accepted at Advance Vote or Election Day voting stations.