To be eligible to vote, you must be:
- at least 18 years old,
- a Canadian Citizen,
- resided in Alberta for the 6 consecutive months immediately preceding Election Day,
- your place of residence is located in the City of Camrose on Election Day.
Every voter must sign a statement that he/she is eligible to vote in this election.
Every voter must produce one piece of photo identification with name and address that is issued by a Canadian government (federal, provincial, or local, or an agency of the government) OR one piece of identification with name and address. Click here to find out about Voter Identification.
Election Day and Voting Stations
Election Day is Monday, October 16, 2017.
On Election Day, eligible voters may cast their ballots at any of the following voting stations from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.:
- Mirror Lake Centre (Auditorium): 5415 – 49 Avenue (Former Camrose and District Senior Centre)
- Camrose Community Centre/Field House: 4516 – 54 Street
- Camrose United Church: 4829 – 50 Street
- Century Meadows Baptist Church: 3720 – 66A Street
- Sparling Elementary School: 5216 – 52 Avenue
- Institutional Travelling Vote (Hospital & Lodges)
Anyone eligible to vote in the election may vote at an Advance Voting Station in Council Chambers at City Hall (5204 - 50 Avenue) on the following dates: (Voter eligibility applies the same as on Election Day.)
- Friday, October 6, 2017 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Wednesday, October 11, 2017 1:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- Saturday, October 14, 2017 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
You may cast your vote using a Special (Mail-in) Ballot if you are an eligible voter and unable to make it to an Advance Vote or Election Day (Monday, October 16, 2017) voting station because you are:
- Physically incapacitated
- Absent from the local jurisdiction (City of Camrose)
- An election worker, candidate, official agent or scrutineer who may be located on election day at a voting station other than that for the voter’s place of residence
For the convenience of those residents confined to hospitals, lodges and other institutions, a Travelling Institutional Vote will attend the following facilities on Election Day, October 16, 2017:
- Bethany Meadows
- Sunrise Village
- Deer Meadows
- RoseAlta Lodge
Incapacitated Elector at Home
Electors who are confined to their residence and are unable to attend a voting station or an advance voting station to vote, may phone City Hall Administration (780.678.3027) on or before Thursday, October 12, 2017 at 4:30 pm requesting that their votes be taken at their residence on October 16, 2017.