Councillor Max Lindstrand
Councillor Lindstrand is serving his fourth term on Camrose City Council. Max was born in Camrose and was raised on a farm north of the city. After graduating from the University of Alberta and the University of Montana, Max served as a teacher, vice principal and principal over a 36 year span. His longest tenure was as the Principal of Camrose Composite High School for 21 years.
Over the years, Max has served on numerous community boards and organizations. Some of the most notable contributions include: President of the Music Festival Committee, Secretary of the Camrose Theatre Society, Vice President of the Camrose Japan Friendship Society, Treasurer of the Camrose Community Choir, President of the Bethany Hospital Board, Member of the Rose city Curling Club, President of Messiah Lutheran Church, and Member of the Camrose and District Basketball Officials' Association.
In September of 2005, Max was awarded the Alberta Centennial Medal for outstanding service to the people and province of Alberta by The Honourable Norman L. Kwong, Lieutenant Governor for the Province of Alberta.
Councillor Lindstrand is currently serving on the following Committees:
- Camrose Area & Lodge Authority
- Camrose Performing Arts Centre (CPAC) Board of Governors
- Camrose Regional Solid Waste Authority
- Community Transit Advisory Committee
- Education: University and School Boards - Advocacy Liaison Member
- Finance Committee of Council
- Member at Large Review Panel
- Nordic Commemorative Ad-Hoc Committee
- Social Development Committee
- Subdivision and Development Appeal Board